- Night shift
- To serve drinks to customers at the bar once the bar staff have left.
- General cleaning duties of the public and communal areas.
- Checking in of guests when reception is closed.
- Responsible for all night cleaning work and special tasks as requested by the management
- In the event of an emergency to summon management and/or emergency services
- You must hold a first aid qualification or be prepared to be trained as a company first aider and administer first aid to employees and clients as necessary and maintain this qualification throughout your tenure at the hotel.
Main Tasks and Duties:
- Clock in and report to the manager or supervisor on duty.
- Read the night porters log book for any messages.
- Collect a copy of the occupancy list from the manager/supervisor. This list contains information on the numbers of guests/occupied rooms (needed if there is a fire). It also includes the unoccupied rooms, which need to be checked as per the check list.
- Please note that it is essential to knock before entering any room. Even if you are sure that the room is empty you must always knock first.
- Ensure that all messages and correspondence are properly dealt with and passed onto the morning supervisor. Also, pass on information about anything that happened during the night, in person and in the Night Porter’s log book.
- Using the check list check all the windows, landings, doors, kitchen, office, cellar, and the bar and bistro.
- Check all landings and public areas by walking through the area on the hour, every hour. This area can also be checked using the CCTV screen in the MD’s office. (Remove room service trays from hotel corridor during walk-rounds every hour.)
- Once all residents have left the premises ensure that the front and back doors are closed and stay closed (you will need to check the back and front doors after the staff have left)
- Please remember that with the shift beginning, you are responsible for the safety and security of the hotel, and the surrounding areas. Do little jobs around the main building until the guests retire or until about 12:30 pm
- When all the guests retire check all landings and all areas of the hotel. Do this every hour to check for unusual smells, smoke, noise and any other security risks.
- Turn off all fans
- Make sure that the washing machine is turned off in the wash up area in the kitchen.
- In the cellar empty bottle skips into the correct returnable containers or in the case of non returnable into the plastic bins.
- Remove black rubbish bags from all bar areas and place by the back door. Do not leave the building unless you really have to. Replace bags as necessary.
- Gents’ and ladies’ toilets, main corridor, main building, corridor outside the pro shop, function suites (when used the night before), offices and other areas when requested by the Manager. These areas need to be cleaned thoroughly and then either mopped or vacuumed.
- The MD’s/PA’s office to be vacuumed and the bins emptied. Put rubbish bags by the back door – place in bin area when the morning supervisor or breakfast chef has reported on duty
From time to time you may be asked to perform other duties as specified by management.
- Salary £8.91 per hour
- Live-In Accommodation Available
- Company Events
- Company Pension
- Discounted or Free Food
- Employee Discount Gym Membership
- On-site Parking