Golf and Spa Accommodation Booking Terms and Conditions
COVID-19 cancellation policy:
During these unprecedented times we are being incredibly flexible with our cancellation policy and should you have to cancel your booking due to national lockdowns or a Covid outbreak then you are more than welcome to either move your booking to a future date or cancel without penalty and receive your deposit back in full.
1. Reservations can be accepted in person, by telephone, fax or email. Reservations are secured with full payment card details. All Golf and Spa Packages are secured with a non refunable and non transferable 25% deposit. Advance purchase bookings are both nonrefundable and non-transferable and full payment must be taken at the time of booking. For reservations made less than 4 weeks prior to arrival the total amount will be payable when the reservation is made.
2. The full balance of the reservation is due 4 weeks prior to arrival if booked on a golf break or spa break. If this payment is not received the reservation will be deemed to have been cancelled and any deposit paid will be forfeited.
3. In the event of cancellation within 4 weeks of arrival Best Western The Dartmouth Hotel, Golf and Spa reserve the right to retain all monies paid.
4. To ensure that the accommodation is prepared to the highest standard, guests are advised that check-in is from 3 p.m. onwards on the day of arrival. Please leave your luggage in your car until you have checked-in at reception.
5. Credit card details will be required from all guests on arrival. For group bookings, the organiser will be required to supply his/her credit card details on arrival and he/she will be held responsible for any unpaid bills belonging to the group, these will be charged to the organiser’s credit card on departure.
6. Guests must not sub-let or share the accommodation except with the person or persons named on the booking form. Best Western The Dartmouth Hotel, Golf and Spa reserve the right to terminate the stay without notice and without refund if the stated number of occupiers is exceeded, alternatively Best Western The Dartmouth Hotel, Golf and Spa will levy additional charges at the appropriate daily tariff.
7. Best Western The Dartmouth Hotel, Golf and Spa expects all guests to abide by the minimum dress code at all times whilst on the premises. The dress code is smart casual wear with no hats being worn in the clubhouse (with the exception of weddings and formal occasions). The following will not be permitted in the Bar Bistro areas: football shirts, hats of any description. Guests wearing any of the aforementioned will not be served in these areas. Best Western The Dartmouth Hotel, Golf and Spa reserve the right to ask any guest to leave who is deemed to be unsuitably dressed. Group organisers are requested to inform all members of their party of the dress code.
8. Best WesternThe Dartmouth Hotel, Golf and Spa requests that all guests respect the privacy and enjoyment of fellow guests within the clubhouse and accommodation. Guests are reminded that noise levels in the rooms should be kept to a minimum. Unacceptable levels of noise, disturbance or disruption will result in the party or parties responsible being asked to leave the premises without refund or redress.
9. Best Western The Dartmouth Hotel, Golf and Spa accepts no responsibility for personal injury to any guest, for loss or damage to property, or any other matters over which Best Western The Dartmouth Hotel, Golf and Spa has no control.
10. Guests are advised that on the day of departure all rooms must be vacated by 10:30 a.m. Best Western The Dartmouth Hotel, Golf and Spa reserves the right to charge any guest who has not vacated their room by 10:30 a.m. at the appropriate daily tariff.
11. Room keycards must be returned to reception on departure. Golf locker keys can be issued on request, lost locker keys carry a charge of £10.00, any charges will be charged to your credit card.
12. Any guest deemed to have caused damage to Best Western The Dartmouth Hotel, Golf and Spa property will be charged in full for the repair or replacement of that property. Best Western The Dartmouth Hotel, Golf and Spa reserve the right to terminate the accommodation letting without notice. The person making the booking is jointly and severally responsible together with members of his party for all damage caused to Best Western The Dartmouth Hotel, Golf and Spa property not only by himself, but also by such party members. Accordingly and without prejudice to any other rights of Best Western The Dartmouth Hotel, Golf and Spa. Best Western The Dartmouth Hotel, Golf and Spa is hereby authorised to charge the relevant credit or debit card used for the booking or the provision of services with the reasonable costs of making good damage so caused. Best Western The Dartmouth Hotel, Golf and Spa will send to the relevant card holder or person booking notification of such charge within a reasonable period of the Best Western The Dartmouth Hotel, Golf and Spa completing the necessary remedial works”
13. Any articles left behind by guests will be forwarded upon receipt of the cost of postage and packing. Best Western The Dartmouth Hotel, Golf and Spa accepts no responsibility for the loss or damage of the package whilst outside of Best Western The Dartmouth Hotel, Golf and Spa’s control.
14. We advise guests to take out holiday cancellation insurance as repayment of money paid in advance will only be refunded if the accommodation is re-let.
15. Hotel Rooms
- Strictly no smoking is permitted within the clubhouse, hotel, lodges or any other internal areas. Should you chose to smoke in your room the Hotel reserves the right to charge you £120 to cover the cost of the cleaning and you also may be liable for additional charges should the room need to be taken out of service
- At least one Adult must occupy each room. No children under the age of 18 are permitted to stay in a hotel room unaccompanied or to order room service.
- A Single supplement is chargeable at £25 per room / per night
- Saturday night bookings are subject to a minimum of a two night stay. Friday & Saturday or Saturday & Sunday
16. Child Policy – Our free children’s accommodation offer is subject to the availability of a family room (minimum two paying adults). Please note this offer only applies to children who are aged 12 and under at the time of their stay. Children’s meals (except breakfast) are not included in this offer and will be charged as taken at the hotel. Children who are aged 12 or under at the time of their stay eat breakfast for free in conjunction with the purchase of an adult breakfast. In many cases children’s meals are available from special children’s menus or as children’s portions.
17. Online B&B Only Cancellation Details (Unless stated on a specific break)
A credit or debit card is required to charge a non-refundable deposit of 25% of the total amount at the time of booking. The remainder of the booking value will be charged at check out along with any additional payments charged during your stay. If canceled up to 2 days before date of arrival, only the 25% deposit will be charged. If canceled later or in case of no-show, 100 percent of the first night will be charged.
18. All new offers apply to new bookings only.
Residential Golf breaks:
Inclement Weather Policy
In the event of cancellation within 6 weeks of arrival Best Western The Dartmouth Hotel, Golf and Spa reserve the right to retain all monies paid. We advise guests to take out holiday cancellation insurance as repayment of money paid in advance will only be refunded if the accommodation is re-let.
As adverse weather is inevitable during the course of the year we may either close all or part of golf course or operate temporary tees and greens at our discretion.
If you are unable to play golf on your break due to course closure we will, without guarantee, review the golf element of your break with a view to issuing a green fee voucher. It is however worth noting that we sell winter breaks at a discounted rate and so any refund will not be equivalent to the full green fee and with many of our winter breaks the golf element is complimentary. Golf played on temporary greens and tees is non-refundable and is considered to be an accepted part of playing winter golf. Please note that trolley and buggy bans occur frequently when a course is wet and are determined by Best Western The Dartmouth Hotel, Golf and Spa
All decisions regarding partial refunds or green fee vouchers are solely at the discretion of Best WesternThe Dartmouth Hotel, Golf and Spa. We cannot be held responsible should inclement weather prevail.
Golf Break Group Incentives
Terms & Conditions:
All prices are per person based on two people sharing a twin or double room.
All offers are subject to availability, and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer, promotion or pre-existing booking.
1 in 12 golfers travel free – a deposit of 25% of the total amount is required to secure and confirm the booking with the remaining balance due 4 weeks prior to arrival.
Prior to arrival, buggies can be booked at a discounted rate of £24 prepaid. Any buggies not booked in advance will be chargeable at £26 per buggy during your stay.
Available for groups of 12 or more upon request: receive 12 golf balls per person when booking direct. These will be given on departure.
Usual booking terms and conditions apply.
Adverse Weather Conditions
On the rare occasion that both golf courses are closed due to severe weather conditions, golfers who have prepaid in advance for their round will be issued with an ‘adverse weather voucher’ to return to Best Western The Dartmouth Hotel, Golf and Spa at a later date. This voucher can then be used as full or part payment towards a new booking, which will be charged according to the green fee applicable at the time of the original round, the voucher will be valid for 12 months from the date of issue. We cannot be held responsible should inclement weather prevail.
A greenfee voucher maybe be issued based on the amount golf you have played and are detailed as follows: –
- Golfers who have not commenced their round but arrive in preparation to do so
- Play has not past 9 holes would receive a full voucher based on the green fees purchased.
- Play has past 9 holes would receive a voucher which would credited the part for half the amount of green fees purchased.
- Monetary refunds will only be issued if both courses are closed by Best Western The Dartmouth Hotel, Golf and Spa Ltd; and at their absolute discretion
If the golf course(s) are closed, for any reason deemed necessary by Best Western The Dartmouth Hotel, Golf and Spa and you are unable to play your round of golf, we will re-book your tee time for an alternative date, subject to availability.
Golf Buggies ~ Partner courses
Patrons of the Dartmouth Hotel Golf and Spa who wish to book golf buggies, electric trollies and or pull trollies at partner courses, can “reserve” these items directly with the DHGS through our centra office. However, it is the responsibility of the patron to contact the host partner club within 48 hours to make full payment of these items directly to the partner course. Failure to do so, will result in the items being cancelled by the host club without further address to the partner course or the Dartmouth Hotel Golf and Spa.
Best Western The Dartmouth Hotel, Golf and Spa – Online Booking Terms and Conditions booked through our online booking facility.
Bookings must be paid for at the time of booking. To book a tee time on-line you are required to enter your credit or debit card details using our secure on-line payment system, Google Checkout. Best Western The Dartmouth Hotel, Golf and Spa do not collect or hold any of your payment information.
Once a tee time has been selected, you have one hour to complete your order. Failure to complete the payment process within the allotted time will lead to the automatic cancellation of your tee time. You will receive two emails as part of this process. The first email will confirm the tee time you have booked and the second email will contain payment confirmation. On booking, you will receive a booking reference number. Please bring this with you when you come to play as it will be required to check in.
On the day of your tee time, you are required to check-in at the Pro Shop. We ask all golfers to ensure that they are on the 1st tee in plenty of time and therefore arrive and check-in at a reasonable time. Failure to do so could results in you missing your tee-off time and we reserve the right to charge in full in this situation.
You can cancel your booking on the web site by entering your unique ref number.
If you cancel your booking more than 48hrs before you are due to play, there will be no charge made to your credit/debit card.
If you cancel your booking less than 48hrs in advance, there will be a charge of 50% of the green fee made to your credit/debit card.
If you fail to cancel your booking, we reserve the right to keep 100% of the green fee payments made.
The Booking is completely transferable. Therefore, should you be unable to make your tee time, you can offer the tee time to someone else such as a family member or friend.
A copy of our ‘Dress Code Man’ is available here.
We do not usually require visiting golfers to show a handicap certificate, but we do expect all golfers to understand the basic rules and etiquette of the game and play to a reasonable level. You need an active handicap to enter open competitions.
Dog Friendly hotel policy
Information on our Pet Friendly Hotel Policy
In this over-regulated world, we try to have as few rules as possible for our canine guests, but in order to respect the sensitivities of our other visitors we do make the following requests: –
- On booking for your pet, you are confirming it is fully up to date on its flea and vaccination treatment.
- Please keep your dog(s) under close control and on a lead at all times when walking on our dog trail for their own safety as well as the comfort of others. We have lots of rabbits around us on the golf course which some dogs find very exciting and want to follow; we don’t want them getting lost.
- No dogs are permitted within the public areas of the hotel or areas where food is being served, health club and pool areas of the hotel. This exclusion does not apply to guide dogs.
- Your dog may behave strangely in new surroundings
- Dogs may be left unattended in the bedroom during dinner provided you are confident of their behaviour. Otherwise we suggest you leave them in the car while you are eating.
- If you leave your Dog unattended in the room, make sure you hang a sign on the outside so room service and hotel employees know an animal is in the room.
- Pets are not permitted on the beds or furniture. We suggest you bring your pets own bed and some towels with you.
- Please pick up after your dog(s) wherever they are and dispose of poo in any of the outside bin, even if it’s raining. Also, please do it as you go along as our grounds team may well mow the grass while you’re out and it’s easier for them if the grass is clear of poo.
- You will be liable for any damage caused by your dog to your hotel bedroom or other areas within the hotel, please ensure you have insurance to cover this. Should the room need to be placed out of service additional charges of £120 per night will be applicable until such time as the room is back in service.
- Your dog may sometimes bark when people walk around the hotel opening and closing doors and so forth.
- Dogs must be kept on a leash when on hotel property unless it is in the guest’s room.
- Guests and pets under any circumstances, are not permitted on the golf course, there will be significate threat of life to both. Please only use the designated dog walk provided.
- Be respectful of other hotel guests. Not everyone likes pets. Keep your pet under your control and don’t let them approach others without an invitation.
- We do reserve the right to require the owner of any dog to remove it from the hotel if we consider it to be a nuisance or to be interfering with the general comfort of our other guests. But of course, we hope this doesn’t happen as it would have an impact on your holiday too!
- Guests agree to indemnify and hold harmless the hotel, its staff, and owners, from all liability and damage suffered as a result of the guest’s pet.
- Only one dog is permitted per room
- Charge per night £20.00 per Dog per room night.
- Doggy day care – our business partners, Ashcroft Kennels and Cattery located les than a mile from the hotel are able to assist you and your pouch during the day whether the be doggy day care of dog grooming please contact them directly on the link below. https://www.ashcrosskennelsandcattery.co.uk/doggy-day-care/
THE DARTMOUTH HOTEL, GOLF AND SPA FUNCTION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
After provisionally reserving your function at The Dartmouth Hotel, Golf & Spa, a written confirmation, signed terms and conditions, together with a non-refundable booking fee is required within 14 days to secure the booking. Written confirmation should contain details of the expected numbers of guests. A 50% deposit of the estimated final balance is required 12 weeks prior to the event, with the final payment of the estimated charge 10 days prior to the event. The balance of charges is payable on presentation of an invoice and full payment of incidentals is required within 7 days of the event. The Dartmouth Hotel, Golf & Spa reserves the right to charge interest at a rate of 2.5% per week or part thereof compounded. Deposits are non-refundable but may be transferable to an alternative date.
In the event of cancellation of a booking by the client, for whatever reason, The Dartmouth Hotel, Golf & Spa will make a cancellation charge for the total anticipated loss of revenue to the Club on the following basis:
More than 3 months prior to the event taking place, 10 % of total value booking
Less than 6 weeks prior to the event taking place, 50% of total value of booking
Less than 4 weeks prior to the event taking place, 100% of total value of booking
In the event of the Club re-letting the booked facilities the cancellation charge shall be reduced by the amount of the revenue received by the Club from such re-letting. Notice of cancellation must be given in writing.
The Dartmouth Hotel, Golf & Spa must receive final numbers for menu, wines, etc at least 14 days prior to the function. Any subsequent change in numbers will be charged for at full menu price. The expected number of attendees as of 14 days prior to the event is the minimum that will be charged for. The Dartmouth Hotel, Golf & Spa reserves the right to vary the menu or wines specified in the confirmation letter in the event of unavailability of such items.
The Dartmouth Hotel, Golf & Spa will hold an allocation of 10 rooms for the client, and / or invitees, guests and representatives to reserve, once the event has been confirmed with a deposit and written confirmation. The negotiated rate will expire 3 months prior to the date of the event. and any unsold rooms will be released back on open sale. ( the negotiated rate will no longer be available). Full payment is required for accommodation at the time of booking and payments made are non-refundable.
The Dartmouth Hotel, Golf & Spa reserves the right to cancel any booking forthwith and without any liability on its part in the event of any damage or destruction of the Club by fire or any other cause, any shortage of labour or food supplies, lock-outs or industrial action, or any cause beyond the control of the Club which shall prevent it from performing its obligations in connection with any booking.
If in the opinion of The Dartmouth Hotel, Golf & Spa, either the client or any of its servants, invitees, guests or representatives act in a manner considered to be prejudicial to the good name of The Dartmouth Hotel, Golf & Spa, The hotel shall be at liberty to terminate the contract or event forthwith without being liable for any refund or any compensation to the client.
The Dartmouth Hotel, Golf & Spa requires to know of any proposed third party contracts for entertainment or services for a function and reserves the right to prohibit the same. The Hotel also reserves the right to determine the level of noise at a function and the clients are obliged to adjust this level.
The client shall be responsible for any losses or damages sustained by The Hotel in respect of the premises, furnishings, utensils or equipment, whether the same be caused wilfully or by negligence or default, and shall be liable for the cost of replacement or repair plus compensation for loss of business caused thereby.
The Hotel accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage to the client or client’s property incurred whilst on the premises.
The client agrees to be bound by all reasonable instructions of duly authorised representatives of The Dartmouth Hotel, Golf & Spa in respect of the conduct of the function and shall further ensure that those attending shall similarly comply. No food or beverage may be brought from outside onto the premises, except with the prior permission of The Hotel.
Any written information made available to the client by The Dartmouth Hotel, Golf & Spa shall be deemed to be incorporated herein and in the event of a dispute, these Terms and Conditions shall prevail.
No modifications to these Terms and Conditions shall be binding upon The Dartmouth Hotel, Golf & Spa unless the same be in writing and duly signed by a properly authorised manager at The Dartmouth Hotel, Golf & Spa.
The laws of England shall govern this contract and any dispute referred to the English Courts.
Lone Travellers Policy
Best Western the Dartmouth Hotel Golf and Spa has become the first hotel in the area to offer a Lone Travellers Policy; this basically offers people who travel alone a chance to feel completely secure and relaxed whilst enjoying their stay with us. This policy is available on request, aimed predominantly at females, however, male guests are more than welcome to request this service.
Best Western the Dartmouth Hotel Golf and Spa Lone Travellers policy
Best Western the Dartmouth Hotel Golf and Spa understands that every customer has different needs and we aim to make our hotel considerate of females traveling alone. The hotel operates a lone female guest awareness policy.
We recognize that some females travel alone and it’s important to make them feel safe when they stay with us. We have implemented the following measures to make your stay with us as relaxing and as comfortable as possible.
- Never allocate a ground floor room to a female traveling alone
- When allocating rooms we do not put females traveling alone into rooms at the end of corridors or near fire exits, we always try to allocate the rooms in the middle of our corridors.
- Automatically upgrade females traveling alone if on arrival we cannot adhere to the first two points.
- Offer an escort service from the hotel to the car park, especially at night if requested.
- Provide onsite parking, with a fully lit car park.
- Never read out a female’s room number when checking in, just point to the room number on the registration card.
- Never give out alone females name or room number
- Bedside lighting controls as standard in all rooms
- Same-sex room service provided on request
- Lone female guests are seated around the edge of the dining room, facing the entrance
- Emergency Quick dial to reception available by dialing 0